06 August 2017

2017 Topps UFC Knockout Randa Markos Autograph

I made it back from my work trip to San Diego, so now it's back to the grindstone. I got home late Friday night, and I had to work the weekend, so I haven't had much time to settle in yet. I have the day off on Monday, but I will have to use at least part of the day to take my car to the body shop after the little crash I had in California. It should be pretty fun.


This is a card that I chased for a while, since it is Randa Markos' first autograph from a Topps product and fighters' first autographs always carry a premium. This comes from the 2017 Topps UFC Knockout set. This is the base version, and my copy is numbered # 28 / 99. I had to get at least one version of this card, as Markos is one of the fighters I collect.

Markos fought last night in Mexico City, losing a split decision to Alexa Grasso. It was a close fight that could have been scored either way, but the crowd was overwhelmingly behind Grasso and Markos faded at the end. Markos is only 3-4 in the UFC, but I don't think they will cut her from the roster as long as she can get another win soon.

2 comments:

  1. Nice card and cool auto. Looking at the authentication guarantee at the bottom, I sure hope Topps continues the commit to having representatives present during signing. After the Dak fiasco, Panini has a big black eye. I think I even say a country music star has autopenned a bunch of Panini cards too. Keep up the good work Topps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just surprised that there aren't more autograph scandals in the hobby. Maybe it happens fairly often and they just don't get caught? I hope the problems at Panini have pushed all the card companies to take a look at their autograph procurement practices.

      Delete