15 September 2017

Pack of the Day 173: A Discounted Rack Pack of 2016 Topps Heritage High Numbers

I've been visiting the local Walmart stores in search of the supposedly released new 2017 Topps WWE Women's Division cards that are exclusive to that retailer. So far they haven't been stocked anywhere in my area. On most of my visits I just walk away without buying anything, but I broke down one time and pulled something from the clearance bin.


You know the pickings are slim if I am buying Heritage at retail. I like Heritage as an idea, but busting packs of it is a little mind-numbing for me. I grew up as a collector in the mid-90's, so I am accustomed to being wowed by foil and inserts everywhere. This discounted rack pack of 2016 Topps Heritage High Number was the only thing on the shelf that caught my eye, so I bought it.


I didn't bother to scan the whole pack, but here are a handful of base cards that stood out to me, either because they are current Astros (Morton and Harris) or because I collect their cards (Reynolds) or because I think some other blogger collects their cards (Reimold).


I had to check the little codes on the back of the cards to see if I got anything special, since there were no apparent inserts in the pack. The Max Kepler card is a short print, and the Michael Fulmer card is an error variation card that's pretty rare. The error variation is on the back of the card, which lists his position as PITHCER instead of PITCHER. A couple of them have sold on eBay recently in the $20 range, so it's a pretty good pull from a retail discount pack of Heritage. Now I just need to see if I can find some of those new WWE cards. I'll probably hit up the Walmart stores between work and home this evening.

6 comments:

  1. Nice pull on that Fulmer error! I dislike straining my eyes for the variations, but it does pay to check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people sure do like their Heritage. I guess it is the most 'pure' vintage-style product Topps puts out, so there is a certain subset of collectors who really focus in on the product.

      Delete
  2. Nice pulls - even if it wasn't what you went for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to be patient. I found what I was looking for this week. I also picked up a pack of this year's Heritage High Numbers, with much less exciting results.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah, eventually I'll get around to listing some more stuff. I like to post a few things at a time to save on packaging/shipping time.

      Delete